Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
David Brooks David Brooks is offline

Default OT: Organ donation should be compulsory, not just "opt out"

On 20/02/2021 19:30, Muggles wrote:
On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 16:43:47 -0000, Muggles wrote:

Don't organs have to be of a similar size, so same sex and same age?

They have to be close to the same size of the organ recipient,
especially, the veins that connect the donated organ to the recipient.

Hence an average man cannot donate an organ to an average woman anyway.

The gender of the person donating doesn't matter.* What does matter if
the organ is viable and is a match to the recipient.

I suspect that Commander Kinsey is considering that men and women are
rarely of similar build, so the organs are unlikely to be of a similar size.

I suspect that male organs are used to replace organs in other males and
that female organs are used to replace organs in other women. Do you
have any evidence to show that is not the case?