Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim...[_2_] tim...[_2_] is offline

Default Very OT - what is your "sod it" purchase limit?

On 19/02/2021 11:23, tim... wrote:

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 17/02/2021 16:42, Peter Johnson wrote:
On 16 Feb 2021 20:54:18 GMT, David wrote:

Anyway does anyone else have a yard stick for measuring time and
effort
put into research against the cost of an item?

I tend to be sniffy about own-brand stuff - then about ten years ago I
bought some B&Q own-brand laminate flooring. How can they get that
wrong? Quite easily it seems. It didn't/doesn't lie flat. Fortunately
it's in a room that I don't use that much, otherwise I'd have gone to
the trouble of ripping it out and replacing it.
(Do like Tesco Finest range though.)

Waitrose Value range is better than the normal stuff other places
sell.

better in what way?

Well I dunno. Their essential baked beans taste as good as if not better
than Heinz.

Morrison's - a pound for 4

which is my favourite 'branded' bean. Their own brand sausages are better
than any brand.

at 7.50 per kilo I should hope so

that's more than I pay for raw pork

Their own brand frozen fries and cornflakes are identical to branded ones
30% more expensive...and so it goes on ...

I buy neither of those items

Basically you are paying more for the product and less fir the national TV
advertising

yes I understand that

and the range just seems to be basics, not ready meals (which is what
Tesco Finest is)

There are some pretty basic ready meals at Waitrose. Some are even worth
eating

well which ones then?