Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default lawn mower keys

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 19 Feb 2021 11:14:52 -0500, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

Are sone, most, all of the riding lawmower keys the same ?

My lawnmower is too small to hae a key, but I wouldn't be surprised

I just bought a John Deere x590 and noticed the key looked like the
same notches (teeth) as the one for my old Husqvarna mower. Tried them
and either key would work in the other brand of mower.

When I was a Yellow cab driver in 1969, all the Checker cabs had the
same key. (I even made myself a copy, so I didn't have to wait for the
dispatcher.)

And cars themselves used to have only a few different keys.