Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Silent pull cord switch?

"nightjar" wrote in message
On 18/02/2021 09:47, NY wrote:
"RJH" wrote in message
Been on my list for a while - a quiet replacement for the noisy bathroom
pull
cord switch. If it came to it I could look into the kinetic/wireless
type
switches, although that'd be quite expensive and relatively involved. Or
PIR. But really a quiet pull cord would do. Any suggestions?

I've never understood why a lot of the modern pull switches for bathrooms
make an *exceptionally* loud "clock-clonk" noise every time they are
turned
on or off. ...

I have always assumed that it was so you knew the switch had operated,
even if the light didn't come on. Otherwise, you wouldn't know which one
had failed.

I've always been able to feel it switch. Same with normal switches.