Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Ping Leon: You OK?

On Friday, February 19, 2021 at 11:12:08 AM UTC-5, Sonny wrote:
On Friday, February 19, 2021 at 9:35:59 AM UTC-6, Leon wrote:

Dang Sonny you remember the 1899 freeze? LOL... Darn typo's

Not a typo. It's rare we have sustained temps below 32. Local news pointed out the 1899 record low for Mardi Gras, how close we came to it and that year's Valentine's Day blizzard. The duration of this cold spell is just as rare. I kinna like this long of freezing weather. It'll help reduce the summer-time insects. I bought enhanced bird feed (more nuts) for the wildlife.. In the mornings they are waiting for me. Lots of doves come to eat and drink in the evenings.

It was the way your post was written that got us all chuckling.

You said "Got down to 15° in 1899" and then immediately (on the same line) described
what happened this week. It reads as if it was a description of what happened in 1899.

I figured out what you were actually saying but it made me chuckle too.