Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Sharing well and pump--how much should we charge?

On Friday, February 19, 2021 at 9:35:05 AM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
On 2/19/2021 9:15 AM, jessica69872006 wrote:
Did you ever find out what to do ? I am having the same issue . We rent
and the water pump is in our yard. But the landlord said that will
paying for the neighbors down below us also.

Interesting to me as a well owner. Google tells me it could be costing
about $2 a day for electricity.

Sure, if you're watering an acre of lawn. A 1hp pump is about 750 watts.
at 0.13 per kwh, that, 0.10 per hour. To get to $2, the pump would have
to be running about 20 hours a day. If it runs an hour or two a day, it's
ten or twenty cents.

Landlord should adjust your rent to
account for this. Maybe he already has.

The issue is if he told them before they rented. And even if he didn't
when it's a few bucks a month in a rent that's probably 200 times that,
I wouldn't go looking for trouble over it.