Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Sharing well and pump--how much should we charge?

On Friday, February 19, 2021 at 9:15:07 AM UTC-5, jessica69872006 wrote:
Did you ever find out what to do ? I am having the same issue . We rent and the water pump is in our yard. But the landlord said that will paying for the neighbors down below us also.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ge-290676-.htm

From the limited info, it sounds like the water pump for a duplex is on your meter.
Not unusual. Presumably the landlord told you this before you signed a lease or
moved in. The landlord should have it in the lease. If you knew about it before,
what's the issue? I hope the landlord didn't tell you to go collect money from the
other tenant. The electric used for the pump isn't much, I'd think it's no
more than $5 a month or so, unless it's used for lawn watering or similar.