Posted to rec.woodworking
G Ross[_2_] G Ross[_2_] is offline

Default Ping Leon: You OK?

Sonny wrote:

I was not sure you could get away from the cold on this one.. LOL

We didn't. Got down to 17°, second coldest Mardi Gras ever. Got down to 15° in 1899, the year of the Valentines Day blizzard. We had rain (froze) and sleet.... probably some dusting of snow, but not during the day.
Roads iced over, preventing travel for only one day. I was prepared. Only time I went outside was to maintain water and food for the birds, squirrels, etc. Though windy-cold, it was kinna nice to get out for some fresh air. Lafayette had water pressure issues, but no boiling water advisories as with some towns. No power outages here, either.

Both my truck and my wife's car had ice circles down to the ground. 3"
of snow and ice on my hood. And we still have some snow/ice in our
flower beds.

Why are you parked outside? I thought you had built a house with a 3 car garage! You must have bought more than just a Sawstop (and didn't tell us) to fill those bays.

Sonny

Glad you can remember the 1899 Freeze. I can barely remember 1999.

--
G Ross