Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default Silent pull cord switch?

On 18/02/2021 09:47, NY wrote:
"RJH" wrote in message
Been on my list for a while - a quiet replacement for the noisy bathroom
pull
cord switch. If it came to it I could look into the kinetic/wireless type
switches, although that'd be quite expensive and relatively involved.
Or a
PIR. But really a quiet pull cord would do. Any suggestions?

I've never understood why a lot of the modern pull switches for bathrooms
make an *exceptionally* loud "clock-clonk" noise every time they are turned
on or off. ...

I have always assumed that it was so you knew the switch had operated,
even if the light didn't come on. Otherwise, you wouldn't know which one
had failed.

--
Colin Bignell