Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Ping Leon: You OK?

On 2/18/2021 1:11 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet writes:

Sooo I can see that but there are broken fire hydrants too...spewing water.

I suppose they didn't think it necessary to use the northern style
fire hydrants where the valve itself is belowground.

I do believe the valve is low but IIRC not below where it couples to the
main. That union is above ground and in some cases a few feet above
ground on the old ones, subsidence.

https://gizmodo.com/why-fire-hydrant...ter-1619974872

Good to know. But the news has shown some broken fire hydrants. Could
be for other reasons. In our next MUD meeting I will ask our operator
what is going on.