PrecisionMachinisT

Default meter main

"Russell W. Patterson" wrote in message
om...
Hi:

Building new house and my electrician wants to put in a meter main.
Problem is we can't find one bigger than 200A (square D model
cqrb200). Does anyone make a 400A?

What is generally done in this case anymore is dual mains are run from the
utility secondary and "current transformer" metering equipment installed,
the mains then feeding into a pair of 200 Amp panels......

IMO, you are putting the horse behind the wagon......suggest contact your
utility or local permitting authority for more information on "CT" service
if your electrician is not familiar with it, as requirements do vary
considerably in different areas.

--

SVL