Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Ping Leon: You OK?

On 2/18/2021 5:06 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet writes:
On 2/18/2021 1:11 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet writes:
On 2/18/2021 11:57 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 11:20:01 AM UTC-5, Dave in SoTex wrote:

;~) So the wise authorities say, "turn off the water coming into your
home and drain your pipes". This will prevent low water pressure...and
your pipes from freezing inside your home.

Sooooo if you do this you actually have NO water pressure. What is the
point of preserving pressure if every one turns their water off?

So that the fire hydrants still work. They're talking about [reventing
low system pressure (due to thousands of broken pipes), not your house pressure.

Sooo I can see that but there are broken fire hydrants too...spewing water.

I suppose they didn't think it necessary to use the northern style
fire hydrants where the valve itself is belowground.

I do believe the valve is low but IIRC not below where it couples to the
main. That union is above ground and in some cases a few feet above
ground on the old ones, subsidence.