Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Ping Leon: You OK?

On 2/18/2021 4:48 PM, Sonny wrote:
Cousin in Clear Lake (SE Houston) lost power for part of one day and during daylight hours; water pressure down only slightly; has nat. gas so he was fine.
His wife was visiting her sister in Galveston: no power for several days; broken pipes, so no water. House is a wreck from water damage. They locked up everything this morning and headed to Clear Lake. I suppose the roads were clear enough to drive.

We heard that Galveston lost 95% power. Water damage is a "thang" in
Galveston, hurricanes and all... sucks! Roads were decent yesterday
afternoon here in west Houston/Katy.

Some Texas folks evacuated to here, Lafayette, La. Quite a few parked over night in the RaceTrac (gas station) parking lot, near me. Huge icicles hanging on front and back bumpers, inside wheel wells, also.

Sonny

I was not sure you could get away from the cold on this one.. LOL

Both my truck and my wife's car had ice circles down to the ground. 3"
of snow and ice on my hood. And we still have some snow/ice in our
flower beds.