Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Silent pull cord switch?

On 18 Feb 2021 at 10:53:17 GMT, "Caecilius" wrote:

On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 09:15:05 +0000 (UTC), RJH
wrote:

Been on my list for a while - a quiet replacement for the noisy bathroom pull
cord switch. If it came to it I could look into the kinetic/wireless type
switches, although that'd be quite expensive and relatively involved. Or a
PIR. But really a quiet pull cord would do. Any suggestions?

Is this for a light or for an electric shower?

Yes, sorry, light.

If it's for a shower then it will be rated for high current and will
generally make a bit of noise.

If it's for a light, then you may find that one with a low current
rating like 5A will be fairly quiet. When I last changed mine the
replacement one was rated at 16A and made quite a noise.

Yes, I'm looking for a quiet 6A switch - or whatever for the LED ceiling
array.
--
Cheers, Rob