Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default OT: Rolls Royce on track to deliver SMR

Considering the bigger picture, it's not just the deaths / directly
related to an incident that need to be considered, it's all the
negative (and often unrecorded) events that come out of it.

So a plant blows up and a local shop that used to supply food to the
workers goes out of business and the owner also loses his
accommodation and eventually dies whilst homeless.

I would really like some real fact and figures and include the deaths
and damage caused by the use of fossil fuels, palm oil etc etc versus
the deaths and damaged caused by the use of nuclear power.

That is what I'd consider to be the bigger picture.

Well Coal mining has a lotto answer for over time! Have a look at the
excellent Durham mining museum site and you can see the horrors over
time s starting back in the 1700's then the grim 1800 and even in the
1900's with this location Senghenydd, seeing off 439 souls.

http://www.dmm.org.uk/uknames/u1913-01.htm

And even in the mid 1960's there was the Horror of Aberfan youngest
victim 3 years old(

http://www.dmm.org.uk/uknames/u1966-01.htm
--
Tony Sayer