Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

Default Amazon.

On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 11:20:55 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 02:55:13 -0800, David wrote:

I think I'm pretty savvy, but (even!) I was hoodwinked into a Prime
trial a couple of years ago. I think I clicked on a tiny bit of text
that said "Yes, I don't not want free shipping" or some such.

I did that in December 2019. I let the 2 week trial run in the end,
while I ordered Christmas stuff!

Amazon customer service being second-to-none, though, they cancelled it
immediately when I rang them up.

I just cancelled it online.

I still use them a lot, to the extent that I now have chosen to pay for
Prime! The free next day delivery on even trivial items is something I
actually enjoy. I'm pretty sure I'm actually costing them money...

It was costing them too much, hence the charge. But I wasn't interested
in the increased charge for streaming, so I cancelled it anyway.

Younger son has Prime so we piggyback off his.

I use Prime and get very good service.