Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Amazon.

David wrote:
On 2021-02-17, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
So many people have been hoodwinked into signing for Amazon Prime. In my
experience, they tend to be those that are not fully able to understand
the website placed before them, and deselect options when presented.

But Amazon are cunning. When you go to the checkout the link for "Yes I
want Amazon Prime and free delivery" is a big conspicuous yellow button
and the "No thanks" link is just plain inconspicuous text. So many
people end up opting in to Prime without realizing it.

I think I'm pretty savvy, but (even!) I was hoodwinked into a Prime trial
a couple of years ago. I think I clicked on a tiny bit of text that said
"Yes, I don't not want free shipping" or some such

Amazon customer service being second-to-none, though, they cancelled it
immediately when I rang them up. I still use them a lot, to the extent
that I now have chosen to pay for Prime! The free next day delivery on
even trivial items is something I actually enjoy. I'm pretty sure I'm actually
costing them money...

When I get a free Prime offer I use it for the free period and then
cancel it. There's even an Amazon link to send you a reminder E-mail
three days before the free trial expires so one doesn't forget to
cancel.

--
Chris Green
ยท