Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Amazon.

In article , Theo
wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
I'm also not one who returns much (unless faulty etc) but don't expect
to be charged a 're-stocking fee'

As I posted upthread, you shouldn't be charged a restocking fee unless
you're outside the returns window, which you clearly aren't if you've
just received the thing. So you should complain.

OK.

Restocking fees have also been banned on Amazon US apart from out-of-policy
returns or used items.
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/for...orkflow/698297

I'd also not expect to make a profit selling such a slow moving item on
Ebay. No-one in their right mind would pay as much as the selling price
from a retailer for second hand goods. But it might just be a better
option than sending it back.

That's your dilemma - depends on the cost of the item versus the return
postage. How much was the item?

And it isn't second hand, unless you opened/used it.

Are you saying any warranty is transferrable? Most new things have one.

Theo

--
*Sorry, I don't date outside my species.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.