Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default vacuum cleaner motor reversal?

On 17/02/2021 16:14, Andy Burns wrote:
bert wrote:

Steve Walker wrote:
Blow was mainly used by us to try and shift something that was stuck
in the hose, but it was actually intended for air powered tools -
such as the spray gun that could be attached to the hose.

We had one of those. Wish I could remember the make. We also used the
spray gun attachment.

This was the one we had

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-1960s-electrolux-vacuum-475122294

The hose and fitting look very similar, as does the red (metal?) casing,
although ours was blue. The white ends are a little different, the inlet
end being black and a little more rounded. The outlet end also being
black. I can't see the outlet end, but ours had a cast metal section,
with knurled screw in the centre. Ours also did not have the handle on
top, instead having a luggage type one - a horizontal strap, with the
ends in metal covers - along the top of the casing. Underneath are a
pair of metal skids.