Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default What adhesive for mounting a large map?

In article ,
wrote:
On 17/02/2021 14:10, JohnP wrote:
wrote in :

I've been tasked with mounting a paper map (1000x1410mm) on a backer
(probably ply or MDF), then to add some sort of surround to prettify it
and then to hang it on a wall. Getting a large sheet of paper stuck-down
wrinkle-free and in the right place needs a bit of planning so what
adhesives and techniques do the team suggest?

Photo mount aerosol?

I'd ruled-out regular spray mount because I didn't think it would be
permanent, but 3M photo mount (that hadn't appeared in the searches)
looks like it could be the stuff I need - permanent, slow-drying and
solvent-based so it shouldn't cause the paper to stretch or damage the dyes.

beware that SprayMount is hydroscopic. If you use it in a damp atmosphere
the paper becomes un-stuck

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England