Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Amazon.

In article ,
michael adams wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
First, I'm not a fan. Generally check Ebay long before them.
And I've just been proved right.

Got some software which recommended hardware to go with it. And a link for
it to Amazon UK.

Ordered it up.

Then it hit me it was coming from the US - my mistake for not realising
this.

Checked Ebay and found the identical item as UK stock. 5% more expensive,
but 48 hour delivery included. Not wanting to wait, bought that.

So less than an hour after ordering from Amazon UK (for something stocked
in the US) I tried to cancel. Not possible - already on its way.

It has just arrived. 8 weeks after paying for it.

To return, I have to pay the carriage costs and 20% will be deducted off
any refund for 're-stocking'. That is assuming it arrives back there in
perfect condition. Which would mean paying additional for insurance.

That is the last time I'll use Amazon for anything.

So that basically you're going to delibeately make like difficult
for yourself in the future, as a punishment fot not reading Amazon's
T&C's. Such that you've ended up paying 25% more for something than
you needed to have done, plus carriage. Twenty five percent extra !
Although knowing your luck you'll probably bung it on eBay and end
up showing a profit.

I'm sure you are that very rare person that reads T&C before using
anything. And understand them fully. Life is too short here.

I'm likely odd, but when buying from a UK retailer, I expect to be told if
something isn't available for normal delivery.

I'm also not one who returns much (unless faulty etc) but don't expect to
be charged a 're-stocking fee'

I'd also not expect to make a profit selling such a slow moving item on
Ebay. No-one in their right mind would pay as much as the selling price
from a retailer for second hand goods. But it might just be a better
option than sending it back.

--
*Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of cheques *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

--
*IF A TURTLE DOESN'T HAVE A SHELL, IS HE HOMELESS OR NAKED?