Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Amazon.

First, I'm not a fan. Generally check Ebay long before them.
And I've just been proved right.

Got some software which recommended hardware to go with it. And a link for
it to Amazon UK.

Ordered it up.

Then it hit me it was coming from the US - my mistake for not realising
this.

Checked Ebay and found the identical item as UK stock. 5% more expensive,
but 48 hour delivery included. Not wanting to wait, bought that.

So less than an hour after ordering from Amazon UK (for something stocked
in the US) I tried to cancel. Not possible - already on its way.

It has just arrived. 8 weeks after paying for it.

To return, I have to pay the carriage costs and 20% will be deducted off
any refund for 're-stocking'. That is assuming it arrives back there in
perfect condition. Which would mean paying additional for insurance.

Not wanting to spoil a good rant, but looking objectively, how is any of
that the fault of Amazon?

Your only real gripe seems to be that due to the speed of their order
processing, the box was packed and in the stack waiting for the courier
faster than you could cancel it.

Out of interest, did you check if Amazon UK also had the item?

That is the last time I'll use Amazon for anything.

It might be the last time you order from their web site (although even
that I suspect is unlikely!), however it certainly won't be the last
time you use them considering the reach of AWS into anything and
everything online.

--
Cheers,

John.