BillP

Default Mira Shower Problems

"dave cunningham" ] wrote in message
Thought I'd try for here before calling the electrician, any advice
appreciated.

We had a new bathroom installed just over 2 years ago & with it a new
Mira Sport 10.8kW shower.

As of two days ago the shower has stopped working. This didn't happen
while someone was using the shower - just didn't work one morning. When
switched on at the the fascia lights don't light at all & so the shower
doesn't function at all.

I've checked the obvious (to me). The fuse in the CU is fine. When the
pull-cord switch is in the on position there's continuity through it.
I've checked the cable from the CU to switch & switch to shower and both
seem fine. The light on the pull-cord switch comes on when the switch is
on, so I'm assuming everything's fine that far. I've also taken the
front off the shower & there's nothing obvious wrong inside (no wires
disconnected or foul smell from the PCB).

Any suggestions as to what further testing can be done before I pay a
call out charge on a 2 year shower?

--
Dave Cunningham dave at upsilon org uk
PGP KEY ID: 0xA78636DC

Hi Dave,

Have you checked with a meter for 240v present at the shower when the
isolation switch is on?

If you are certain that there is no external fault it might be worth giving
Mira a ring first. Describe the symptoms.

I know of a Mira sport 10.8kw that packed up about three months ago and the
guarantee had expired. No lights as you describe!!! I made sure that there
was no external fault and told the customer to call Mira. They sent an
engineer out who changed the pcb. He said there was a know problem with the
pcb's that were fitted around that time, and he changed it FOC.

Can't guarantee you'd get the same response of course.

Billp