Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default It was fifty years ago today (well, yesterday)

On 16/02/2021 17:31, S wrote:
On 16/02/2021 17:20, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 16:54:41 +0000, nightjar wrote:

On 16/02/2021 13:18, jon wrote:
Yes I remember this was a pre-cursor to joining the Common Market, ...

I don't. I recall it being sold as being easier to teach to children.
Apparently learning base 10 was easier than learning multiple base
systems.

Which also sounds like a crock. Were British schoolchildrenÂ* peculiarly
disadvantaged by having to learn Lsd - especially on top of imperial ?

What is imperial?

pounds, shillings, and pence,
inches, feet, yards, poles, chains, furlongs and miles,
fluid ounces, pints, quarts and gallons ,
Ounces, pounds, stones, hundredweights and tons.
Fahrenheit temperatures.
And fractions not decimals

As opposed to this revolutionary French metric ****

--
Climate is what you expect but weather is what you get.
Mark Twain