Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tried to order something from Europe..

On 2021-02-16, bert wrote:
In article , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Â*Â* bert wrote:
Very simple. By the way they've handled this pandemic. Constantly too
little too late.

15m jabs too late?

120,000 deaths too late.

So you think it was possible to have zero deaths. Not even China managed
that.

Who said anything about zero?Â* That's just a stupid arguing tactic.

We are at the worse end of the country overall death rate for covid. We
can debate till the cows come home whose fault that is, or even if that
is the likely end result - remember when Italy had the worst death rate?

We may or may not be.

I have no idea of how the figures are calculated and adjusted, but I do
know that while we were counting Covid deaths from all sources, Germany
was counting them only from hospital deaths. Unless everyone is
measuring the same way or we make corrections for it, we cannot compare
the UK death rate to other countries.

In a few years, once accurate data and corrections can be gathered, we
will know more.

We probably never will.

People die - old people die - from pneumonia a lot.

Art students and other binary thinkers will decide that if they had
covid 19 in their blood that means they either did, or didn't die from that.

intelligent people realise its not that simple and really the only thing
that is meaningful is excess death rate, and even that is arguable on
account of the lack of hospital care being afforded to other potentially
lethal conditions.

But that's all to hard for little Lefty Brains to come to terms with -
they want clear simple 'two legs bad four legs good' notions to rule
what passes for a brain

It is similar to the effects on the economy. The UK comes out worst in
the EU/UK group, as the papers are keep to tell us - however, correcting
for the differing methods of calculation (they at least are already
known and can be adjusted for), the UK actually comes out slap-bang in
the middle of the list.

Or at the top. It depends what metric...