Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tried to order something from Europe..

On 16/02/2021 20:37, bert wrote:
In article , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Â* Tim Streater wrote:
On 15 Feb 2021 at 18:04:21 GMT, George Miles
wrote:

they know the lies of £350 milllion saved for the NHS ,

Oh is this a lie? Do tell me in what way. I'm keen to know.

No, they dont want more chaos in the EU with more countries leaving,

Whether countries leave or not is not a matter for the EU, it's a matter
for the country concerned. More particularly, for its population. This
is obviously the case since it's wired into the Lisbon Treaty. But I
don't recall there being any text there that the EU reserved the right
to sulk about it, or could veto countries which chose to leave, or treat
them in a ****ty childish way. If you disagree, feel free to point me at
the relevant text.

But, of course, the last thing the UK wanted was to leave the EU. They
expected to still be in it (as it were) except for all the bits they
didn't like. An EU lite, designed by the UK.

Surely it comes as no surprise that the EU simply isn't having it?

It will be very interesting to see how the leave supporters treat
Scotland
if it gains independence.

Scotland will not "gain independence". It may in due course decide to
withdraw from the Union it entered voluntarily.

I don't think it was that voluntary. They were bankrupt. Union was the
price of financial support.

And still is