Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Amazon.

On 16 Feb 2021 at 21:36:31 GMT, "Theo"
wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
It has just arrived. 8 weeks after paying for it.

To return, I have to pay the carriage costs and 20% will be deducted off
any refund for 're-stocking'. That is assuming it arrives back there in
perfect condition. Which would mean paying additional for insurance.

Are you buying from Amazon, a UK marketplace seller or a US seller?
I don't know how it works cross border, but either Amazon or UK sellers must
abide by the CCRs and offer returns within 14 days of delivery.
You pay return postage but get the purchase price back.

If I do buy from them I'll tend to go Amazon. Bought something recently and
decided I didn't like it. Returned using an Amazon supplied (but I had to
print it out, or visited a shop with a printer) prepaid label at a Royal Mail
parcel drop-box. Full refund. Couldn't have been easier.

--
Cheers, Rob