Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Amazon.

First, I'm not a fan. Generally check Ebay long before them.
And I've just been proved right.

Got some software which recommended hardware to go with it. And a link for
it to Amazon UK.

Ordered it up.

Then it hit me it was coming from the US - my mistake for not realising
this.

Checked Ebay and found the identical item as UK stock. 5% more expensive,
but 48 hour delivery included. Not wanting to wait, bought that.

So less than an hour after ordering from Amazon UK (for something stocked
in the US) I tried to cancel. Not possible - already on its way.

It has just arrived. 8 weeks after paying for it.

To return, I have to pay the carriage costs and 20% will be deducted off
any refund for 're-stocking'. That is assuming it arrives back there in
perfect condition. Which would mean paying additional for insurance.

That is the last time I'll use Amazon for anything.

I would be ****ed too.

I'm wondering, given you bought from Amazon UK, how this squares with UK
DSR rules.

I'd almost be tempted to say it's faulty and get Amazon (UK) to pick it up.