Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Amazon.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote

First, I'm not a fan.

I am for some stuff like Philips Hue specials
before the european amazons refused to
ship to me because they cant be arsed to
charge our equivalent of your VAT and
remit it to my country. amazon.com does.

Generally check Ebay long before them.

I check them all when its not trivial money.

And I've just been proved right.

Got some software which recommended hardware
to go with it. And a link for it to Amazon UK.

Ordered it up.

Then it hit me it was coming from the
US - my mistake for not realising this.

Checked Ebay and found the identical item as UK stock.
5% more expensive, but 48 hour delivery included. Not
wanting to wait, bought that.

I found the last 3 things I bought were much cheaper
than on ebay.

So less than an hour after ordering from Amazon UK (for something stocked
in the US) I tried to cancel. Not possible - already on its way.

I found my last two took a week
to ship, both fulfilled by amazon.

It has just arrived. 8 weeks after paying for it.

Mine only took a few days once shipped, which surprised me.

To return, I have to pay the carriage costs and 20% will be deducted
off any refund for 're-stocking'. That is assuming it arrives back there
in
perfect condition. Which would mean paying additional for insurance.

That is the last time I'll use Amazon for anything.

Stupid to not check it every time.