Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default Amazon.

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
It has just arrived. 8 weeks after paying for it.

To return, I have to pay the carriage costs and 20% will be deducted off
any refund for 're-stocking'. That is assuming it arrives back there in
perfect condition. Which would mean paying additional for insurance.

Are you buying from Amazon, a UK marketplace seller or a US seller?
I don't know how it works cross border, but either Amazon or UK sellers must
abide by the CCRs and offer returns within 14 days of delivery.
You pay return postage but get the purchase price back.

One bit of Amazon sharp practice is they deduct £3.99 flat fee for returns
shipping - I have in the past complained to them when returning small items
that go in a letter envelope; they will refund the full amount for your own
means of shipping but you have to ask (and finding that button is hard).

It seems up to 20% restocking fees are allowed on US marketplace sellers,
but only outside the returns window:
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/...rnal/201725780

so I would make a complaint about having just received it.

Theo