Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Automatic table saw emergency stop

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 03:38:26 -0000, rbowman wrote:

Mind you, I don't know what a DI is.

Drill Instructor. They are a lot less ceremonial than your Drill Sergeants.

Ah, I could only think of detective inspector. Acronyms are useless, if you pick any 2 or 3 letter combination and look it up on acronym finder, there will be about 30 results. I once worked where the same three letters meant two completely different things in a different department.