Posted to alt.home.repair
Heywood[_3_] Heywood[_3_] is offline

Default Power Outages

On 2/15/2021 3:55 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 15 Feb 2021 15:21:49 -0500, Heywood
wrote:

On 2/15/2021 2:24 PM, Dean L. Hoffman wrote:
Â*Â* It isn't mentioned in this article but the wind generators
aren't working for what ever reason.
Texas is having blackouts.
https://newyorknewstimes.com/blackout-as-snow-ice-blanket-and-southern-plains-in-texas/114186/

Â*Â*Â* There's an article in the Lincoln Journal-Star about some people in
Nebraska being subject to rolling blackouts.

I can see ice being a problem on the blades. Someone has to go sweep
the solar panels too.

It is a problem as most of our society needs electricity to function.
The only part not hurt so bad is refrigeration, just put stuff outside.
Just think how bad it will be when people's cell phones die and cannot
be charged. They will have to actually talk to family members for
entertainment.

I don't like that.

I bought a texting machine to use if there's a power failure here. You
can send over 200 texts just from burning one average-sized lump of
coal.

Just read yesterday they are now making batteries from nuclear waste and
they can last for a thousand years. They would go into places where
battery change is difficult or impossible, such as medical implants and
satellites in space.