Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Amazon.

On 16/02/2021 16:55, jon wrote:
On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 15:48:02 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

First, I'm not a fan. Generally check Ebay long before them.
And I've just been proved right.

Got some software which recommended hardware to go with it. And a link
for it to Amazon UK.

Ordered it up.

Then it hit me it was coming from the US - my mistake for not realising
this.

Checked Ebay and found the identical item as UK stock. 5% more
expensive, but 48 hour delivery included. Not wanting to wait, bought
that.

So less than an hour after ordering from Amazon UK (for something
stocked in the US) I tried to cancel. Not possible - already on its way.

It has just arrived. 8 weeks after paying for it.

To return, I have to pay the carriage costs and 20% will be deducted off
any refund for 're-stocking'. That is assuming it arrives back there in
perfect condition. Which would mean paying additional for insurance.

That is the last time I'll use Amazon for anything.

I get caught out sometimes and buy from China.

yeah. me too.

Got my cheap needle threaders 2 moths after I had finished the sewing

Mark Twain