Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Amazon.

First, I'm not a fan. Generally check Ebay long before them.
And I've just been proved right.

Got some software which recommended hardware to go with it. And a link for
it to Amazon UK.

Ordered it up.

Then it hit me it was coming from the US - my mistake for not realising
this.

Checked Ebay and found the identical item as UK stock. 5% more expensive,
but 48 hour delivery included. Not wanting to wait, bought that.

So less than an hour after ordering from Amazon UK (for something stocked
in the US) I tried to cancel. Not possible - already on its way.

It has just arrived. 8 weeks after paying for it.

To return, I have to pay the carriage costs and 20% will be deducted off
any refund for 're-stocking'. That is assuming it arrives back there in
perfect condition. Which would mean paying additional for insurance.

That is the last time I'll use Amazon for anything.

I've had similar nonsense from UK marketplace sellers, and I've largely
given up dealing with them. Dealing with Amazon themselves is still fine.

You could reasonably give them a miss because you don't like the tax
mitigation that they do, but their customer service is still very good.

To be fair, some ebay sellers are simply awful, too.