Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Able[_2_] Peter Able[_2_] is offline

Default It was fifty years ago today (well, yesterday)

On 16/02/2021 13:08, williamwright wrote:
Off topic, but a bit of light relief

FIFTY YEARS AGO

Can you remember what you were doing exactly fifty years ago yesterday?
(That's assuming you were born.)

At that time I was a London Bus Conductor. LT were well-prepared for
the event - not so the public. Plenty of arguments about the correct
conversion rate with passengers. Do you remember the clock-face
approach to converting?

In the long-term though, it meant less weight in my jacket pockets - but
the significant diminution of a particularly sweet revenge.

When a smartarse offered a pound note in payment of a twopenny fare,
note taken, £1 bag of old coinage taken out of jacket pocket, two
pennies extracted, remainder poured into the smartarse's lap.

Never as good with decimal currency...

PA