Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Texas, was: Power Outages

On 02/15/2021 09:03 PM, Dean L. Hoffman wrote:
Probably not that many cattle dying, at least in Texas.
After all, cattle are out in the open in the Dakotas. The cattle
either won't gain weight or will actually lose weight keeping warm.
Ranchers in the Nebraska Sandhills aim for March calving time.

I never had anything to do with cattle but when it got below zero we'd
feed out more hay for the horses and mules. Normally we would figure 1/3
bale per head but we'd double up for severe weather. They could get into
the woods which helped to cut the wind.