Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: synchronous condensers

On 16/02/2021 11:52, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 21:35:04 +0000, newshound
wrote:

http://watt-logic.com/2021/02/15/synchronous-condenser/

A bit of technology I had not come across before (although apparently
they used to be found at some sub-stations back in the 60's to 70's).

While I think I understand what they do, why are they called
condensers?

My guess is that it is because they 'store a little electrical energy'...

--
"The most difficult subjects can be explained to the most slow witted
man if he has not formed any idea of them already; but the simplest

- Leo Tolstoy