Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Oil boiler r8uns but only occasionally fires

On 16/02/2021 11:13, S wrote:
On 15/02/2021 19:24, Michael Chare wrote:
On 15/02/2021 16:25, Michael Chare wrote:
Boiler:
Camray 5 circa 2001, oil, non condensing

Symptoms:
It seems to be on, and yet it hasn't fired. Sometimes after tens
of minutes it does, and then works fine.

The flameout/lockout *doesn't* come on. (although it did twice in
the high winds)

There is oil in the tank

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odds%20and%...Camray%205.jpg

It sounds as though the oil pump and air blower are doing their
stuff. Not sure about circulation pump, but water is cold.

Any ideas?

Are you able to hear the igniters?

that's the odd thing, I don't think I can

You may also be able to check whether the coil gets volts so that
oil is released into the boiler.

If the motor runs properly for 5 minutes and does not light or lock
out I would be suspicious of the control box.

Yes...that makes a lot of sense.

Its a riello burner...what do they have?

The Reillo burner I have is an RDB. It has a control box but no
separate transformer.

RDB sounds familiar

http://vps.templar.co.uk/slideshow.p...Camray%205.jpg

is the beastie

Well it fired up in the middle of the night so I rushed down and
turned the UFH on and it ran for a few hours then stopped as it
should, and now it wont relight

Of the 5 trustatrader people listed locally, two have replied to say
they cant do it. The other three haven't bothered.

Any hints on how you get the mythical 'man in' ?

Try the OfTec website for a list of OfTec accredited local traders?

(I have a a possible contact if you are around the Kidderminster area)

Sadly I aint...

--
"The most difficult subjects can be explained to the most slow witted
man if he has not formed any idea of them already; but the simplest

- Leo Tolstoy