Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JB Haskins JB Haskins is offline

Default switching most of my batteries over to Eneloops, but.....

On 2/14/21 2:47 PM, Witherspoon wrote:
...I don't see 9V Eneloops, unless I am mistaken.Â* I have some 9V
devices that could use the changeout too.Â* Recommendations?

Well, I was considering the other firms making such 9V batteries these
days (Tenergy, etc), but the reviews paint a horrible picture on Amazon.
So, what I did was take the 18650's out of dollar store cell phone
power banks, put two in series for roughly 7.4V, and have been using
that for some 9V items I have. Voltage is a bit low and it almost has
to be mounted externally, but most things I use it with seem happy. And
I kept the charger guts for when they need recharged. Might not look
pretty, but it works and a lot cheaper then even a new 9V alkaline.