Posted to uk.d-i-y
JohnP JohnP is offline

Default Sad story

nightjar wrote in
:

On 15/02/2021 09:49, JohnP wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-49797830

Not exactly breaking news.

I recall that where I worked, we were told by management to "never
walk past a problem". This stuck.
I recall a lift at a local store that has a paper message saying that
the emergency phone was not working and giving a mobile phone number
for people to report a proble. It was difficult to get through to the
manager that this was unacceptable.
I guess many of us see potentially unsafe things - it is often hard
to get something done about it though.

OTOH, he did have to work to get electrocuted - climbing a fence
because the gate to the area with the dodgy light was locked.

A judge would have to decide if it was what a reasonable person would do.