Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare Michael Chare is offline

Default UPVC window with misted up glazing panels & worn hinge

On 15/02/2021 13:39, S wrote:
I have a bathroom UPVC window that has a worn bottom hinge and two
misted up DG glazing units.

How do I measure up the glazing units so that I can get replacement
glazing units?

How do I get the beading out of the frame in order to swap the glazing
units over?

You need to use a thin blade to lift the centre of the beading away from
the frame.

Search on youtube for examples.

Once the beading is removed you can measure the existing windows.

I would be wary about just changing the glass without being sure that
the replacements wont fail for the same reason.

It is possible to buy made to measure UPVC frames with the glass.

--
Michael Chare