Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default Tried to order something from Europe..

In article , Fredxx
writes
On 13/02/2021 00:03, Steve Walker wrote:
On 12/02/2021 22:17, Fred wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
* Tim Streater wrote:
On 11 Feb 2021 at 11:49:28 GMT, Bob Martin
wrote:

On 11 Feb 2021 at 11:33:24, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

* The EU has declared war on us hasn't it?
* That's how scared they are that other nations will follow us.

It's what you voted for.* Own it.

We voted for war with the EU? Funny, I don't recall that being on the
ballot paper.

I take it you don't remember what was on the ballot paper?

Neither do I recall that when British Empire countries gained
independence, that Britain and the rest of the Empire immediately made
trade difficult for the new nations.

It take a true Tory to equate the British Empire with the EU.

But in any case when the BE fell apart so
did free trade between those countries.

Bull**** it did.

Correct. Trade with ex-empire, Commonwealth countries collapsed when
we joined the Common Market/EEC/EC/EU and were stuck with
protectionist tariffs and quotas.

I recall a New Zealand article how we single handedly decimated their
exports. I hope there has been sufficient passage of time for
forgiveness on what we did to their economy.

They are quite keen to get back on board with a trade deal.
--
bert