Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Sad story

In article , JohnP
wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-49797830

I recall that where I worked, we were told by management to "never walk
past a problem". This stuck. I recall a lift at a local store that has a
paper message saying that the emergency phone was not working and giving
a mobile phone number for people to report a proble. It was difficult to
get through to the manager that this was unacceptable.

Particularly in a lift which might be a Faraday Cage

I guess many of us see potentially unsafe things - it is often hard to
get something done about it though.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England