Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT: Global Warming at it's best!

Ed Pawlowski wrote
rbowman wrote

The Earth makes fools of such people.

No people make fools of themselves. 7 billion people digging up things,
burning fuel, tearing out forests,creating pollution can make a
difference. Everything we do is like ****ing in your water well.

Ah, the elephant in the room. Rather than applying BandAids to maintain
something similar to the status quo for a few more years it's time to
thin the herd.

https://www.infoplease.com/world/pop...cade-1950-2050
While the growth rate is slowing somewhat world wide it is increasing in
those parts of the world least likely to bring new solutions to the
table.

We don't hear much serious talk about it but yes, we should be stopping
growth.

No need to, its stopping itself.

Making babies has been good for the economy.

And always will be.

Now that many of us are on the receiving end of SS and Medicare what
happens when the number of contributors slows considerably?

Even more reason for more babies to work and pay
taxes to fund those receiving SS and Medicare.

Won't hurt me, but could hurt our kids.

Not while ever immigrants keep pouring into the
country and breeding faster than the locals do.

Japan already has a problem with not enough immigrants,
but those on their equivalent of SS and Medicare mostly
still do fine, although they do have some old homeless.
But so does the USA.

There are a lot of things most of us never thought about. How long should
the human race as we know it exist?

No one will ever know that.

What are you willing to do to prolong it for another century or hundred
centuries?

Dont need to do anything, it will continue fine.

The sea and land do have limits to how much food they can produce.

But given that the population will peak
at around 10 billion, they can be fed fine.

We are working on alternatives, but some day we will run out of oil.

But won't run out of nuclear material and may
eventually be able to do fusion economically.

so, do we buy a small car that gets 40 mpg over the Luxobarge we really
want that gets 15 mpg?

That will fix itself as the oil gets less common, just
like it did when whales were almost killed off.

How about cruise ships? They get inches per gallon of fuel. Should be
keep loading up boats to go party on the ocean or sink them all to extend
the life of oil availability?

Or nuclear power them. We already know how to do that.