Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default No longer in my ears

"bruce bowser" wrote in message
On Saturday, February 6, 2021 at 6:05:16 PM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:
"micky" wrote in message
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 6 Feb 2021 07:16:40 -0800, Bob F
wrote:

On 2/6/2021 3:54 AM, Paulo wrote:
On 2/5/21 11:38 PM, micky wrote:
I have a pair of Bose Hearphones, cheaper than hearing aids.

I only use it at meetings (which I don't go to because of Corona)
and
watch Law & Order on TV (because all the other shows are loud enough
but
it's not.)

The device consists of a yoke with the on/off button, two leds, a
charging jack, and the battery, and two earbuds.

Each earbud has 3 microphones, they say**, and when being put in my
ears
they sometimes squeal, which the manual says is normal. Feedback, I
guess.

The question is, when both buds are no longer in my ears, the device
waits a while and turns off.

How does it know that the earbuds are no longer in my ears?

Vacuum switch?

Heat sensor, or capacitive sensor like your phone uses to turn off the
screen when you hold it to your ear?

Maybe. If it's so high tech, I'm surprised the maker
Bose doesn't brag about it, about how they do it.

Some don't do that to make it harder for their
competitors to produce as good a product.

What is Bose supposed to say? Something about 'chermin engineering',

Bose is a yankee operation.

like one or two car manufacturers do? Call
them over in Austria at +43 (0)720 2050 430.