Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Burke[_3_] Peter Burke[_3_] is offline

Default Wiki offline

Dave W wrote in
:

I'm afraid the headers of my trial post are exactly the same as
before. They still say Content-Transfer base64. Perhaps it's Eternal
September that . . .

I agree that your headers post edit are the same.

I'm not an agent user but wonder if it's possible that you are editing
the default profile for general preferences and that some custom profile
has accidentally been applied to this NG meaning that it is not looking
to the default profile for its settings.

I also spotted the following on a random faq page:

"The MIME quoted printable option can be configured separately for each
language you have configured in Agent. See...

Options | General Preferences | Languages "

Likely you have only one language configured but I suppose it is worth
looking at.

Next step is to look at every setting tab to look for relevent switches
in unexpected location.

Paul's suggestion to search agent.ini for offending entries makes sense
too, it is good to still have some proggies that store their settings in
legible ini-s, v useful for this kind of thing.

I'm guessing that if you make a support request at forteinc then you will
be encouraged to make a paid upgrade.

Btw, it is agent that is doing this and not the news server, it's not
their thing and base64 is also being seen on proper newsreaders but mine
is decoding it automatically.

Thanks for persevering.