Posted to uk.d-i-y
williamwright williamwright is offline

Default LED panels

I ordered, by phone, five LED panels 300 x 1200, plus frames from BLT
Direct. Unfortunately there was a misunderstanding and the panels that
arrived were 6,500K, which was much too blue for me. BLT were really
good; they swapped the panels for 4000K ones with no hassle at all.

I surface-mounted the panels using the frames. The frames leave a space
behind the panels of 30mm, so the PSUs, which were 25mm thick, fitted
nicely.

The minor snag was that ceilings tend to not be perfectly flat, so
fitting a 1200 x 300 frame that is perfectly flat can be awkward. If I
was doing the job again I'd mount the frames on washers to provide 1mm
of allowance for ripples in the plaster board. Otherwise, no problems.

The quality of light from these panels is excellent. I'm really pleased
with them.

Bill