Posted to alt.home.repair
chris[_18_] chris[_18_] is offline

Default Is microwave safe without the outside cover screwed on.

I see this blog is pretty old, but i thought i would give it a shot with a question to you.
My microwave is making a rattling sound so i pulled the outside cover off, because it sounds like a loose screw. The cover is just sheetmetal with no additional cover or shielding attached to it on the inside. Im still skeptical about trying to turn it on without the cover after checking all the internal screws.
Should i not try to turn it on to be safe?
Im smart enough to know not too touch anyhing inside that could be holding a charge, but dumb enough to be attempting this

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...on-332248-.htm