Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Just found a nice book from 1970,....very interesting...

Do you recall Knowledge, which you bound yourself on a special binder. They
were very good value. The only problem of course was you occasionally found
missing issues and incorrect indexing when you tried to bind them. I learned
a lot as a child from those, including how to build a nuclear pile and why a
moderator was needed etc, Had a bit of trouble getting the right kind of
Uranium though.
grin.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Bert Coules" wrote in message
o.uk...
Max Demian wrote:

...in those days you sent the magazines back
to the publisher who bound them properly so you couldn't tell that they
had been individual issues.

That practice continued for a long time: I have a bound volume of
Gramophone magazine from the mid-seventies which was produced in exactly
the same way.