Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Missing e-mails

In message , Chris Green
writes
Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Paul
writes
Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Adrian Caspersz
writes
On 11/02/2021 09:30, Tim Lamb wrote:
Anyone else?
3 over the last 10 days.
Messages sent using Thunderbird but said not to be received by the
addressee.

Make sure Thunderbird is not in 'off-line' mode?

If you see sent items remaining in the Outbox ...
I don't think I've met "offline mode".
The messages have found their way to my sent file ok.

Examine the items in the Sent folder carefully.

OK

Do the items have a "newsgroup:" line in them ?

No. Just my mail address.

Thunderbird is notorious for mixing up reply and followup
and emails end up going to newsgroups or vice versa.

Using the message in the Sent, see if you can figure
out what subsystem it was headed to.

Beyond my competence! Straight forward mail address that has worked
before.

You mean straightforward or really straight forward, not the same
thing at all.

I got a 3 at English "O" level but it wasn't much to do with grammar!

This was a *reply* to an incoming mail to which I added a PDF
attachment.

--
Tim Lamb